Hi Breanne,

Great post this week! I appreciate how you talked in detail about fake news and the importance of validating your information before you post it on social media. This is critical to keep in mind, especially with the large amounts of fake news on the internet.

I think it is important to teach children about the reality of fake news online at a young age, so they can gain knowledge to help them sift through the fake news and focus on the real and valuable information. To do so, teaching media literacy tools both in school and outside of school can help lead to a more educated society on this topic.

Thanks for the great read!

Hi Katelynn,

I really enjoyed reading your post this week! I like how you emphasized the importance of using opposing opinions and viewpoints online as an opportunity to learn. Similar to what you stated, I previously had not considered people’s opposing beliefs as a way to grow my knowledge. However, I think that engaging with people online has the potential to help develop an inclusive and diverse PLN. It is important to be open to the fact that people will have different opinions to yours, and these diverse viewpoints can be extremely beneficial to your PLN.